Thursday, August 17, 2006

I'm brilliant!

I am, I am, I am.

Designed a scarf (hey look, I'm a very beginner knitter, cut me some slack; will design sweaters in future), and it's brilliant. Brilliant!

It's in 2x2 ribbed pattern, with two rows of seed stitch at certain varying intervals. I am using a combination of two yarns: Fur Real Circus Pony (58% nylon, 30% rayon & 12% acrylic, pictured to the right) with a lovely gray Irish worsted wool.

Because to me, adding the yarns means adding the needle sizes, I am using 5mm needles.

Because of the texture of the yarns together and the hairy look of it, you can't really see the stitches unless you're up close and looking at them or feeling them.

Because of the wool, the scarf is warm.

Because of the Circus Pony, it is fuzzy soft.

Because of the seed stitch, which flattens it out, and because of the intervals at which I have chosen to knit those pairs of seed stitches (every 4 rows in the beginning, after about 15cm every 6 rows, for the middle, every 10 rows; the end mirrors the beginning), it gives the scarf an almost imperceptible bell shape.

I am a genius, am I not?

This is my littlest sister's Sept 12th birthday present. I'm very into knitting-for-occasion, it would seem.

Man oh man do I want to add a picture of this scarf. It's almost cruel not to add a picture. Unfortunately, I cannot add a picture at this time. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home