NEXT
Right. So these socks are getting the better of me. They are being dirty bastards.
I did the heel, and that was exciting, but now I'm on the instep, and I must admit that I don't exactly understand the physiology of the sock, because the pattern I am using is WRONG, and now it's all off-centre on the needles, I have too many stitches (no, but like... far, far too many stitches, like 20 too many) and I can't figure out how to fix it. Stupid sock pattern gone wrong.
As a result, I've temporarily abandoned the socks.
Before you judge me, in my defense, I will say that I have not abandonned knitting; I've already moved on to a lovely short cotton scarf. It will be green and creame and beige and it is knitting up beautifully in stockinette stitch.
So. I've decided that I need a digital camera. Anyone feel like getting me one?
I did the heel, and that was exciting, but now I'm on the instep, and I must admit that I don't exactly understand the physiology of the sock, because the pattern I am using is WRONG, and now it's all off-centre on the needles, I have too many stitches (no, but like... far, far too many stitches, like 20 too many) and I can't figure out how to fix it. Stupid sock pattern gone wrong.
As a result, I've temporarily abandoned the socks.
Before you judge me, in my defense, I will say that I have not abandonned knitting; I've already moved on to a lovely short cotton scarf. It will be green and creame and beige and it is knitting up beautifully in stockinette stitch.
So. I've decided that I need a digital camera. Anyone feel like getting me one?

1 Comments:
oooooh i wanna seeeee...
but i cannot afford to buy you a camera. sorry :( maybe you should request it for your next half-birthday.
i think the move to the scarf is a good idea. scarves, while boring at times, do give you an opportunity to make mistakes and learn how to fix them, a key element of learning anything new. plus they are fun in their own way.
you may consider adding some sort of border or pattern, as stockinette tends to roll up into a tube. unless, of course, you were going for a tube.
knit on, girl!
Post a Comment
<< Home